Saturday, February 27, 2010

Review: Angel's Den by Jamie Carie

Hey y'all, before you read my review, check out the great book trailer (above post), that was made for Angel's Den by the publishers.



Title: Angel's Den
Author: Jamie Carie



Publisher: B&H Publishing Group
Date released: Jan 1. 2010

ISBN: 9780805448146

Stars:*****
Age rating: 13 & up

Pros:
The attraction between Luke and Emma has both tension and passion despite the fact that they never kiss in the main story. Plus a great spiritual message about how God works all things for good. And how we need to rely on Him for help and not always on others. Also I just love how Emma fell into Luke's arms in the beginning (literally)

Cons:
I only wish the story could have spawn across a couple books instead of just one. Also, the book tad bite scary for tweens (11-12) and is definitely more suited for the mature teen.

Back cover:
In 1808, when Emma meets and marries Eric Montclaire (the famed “most handsome man west of the Appalachians”), this young daughter of prominent St. Louis citizens believes a fairy tale has just begun. Instead, her husband’s angelic looks quickly prove only to mask a monstrous soul all too capable of possessive emotions and physical abuse. Praying for mercy, she is devastated when Eric insists on her joining his yearlong group expedition to the Pacific Ocean, following the trail Lewis and Clark blazed just a few years earlier. By the time cartographer Luke Bowen realizes Emma’s plight, it’s too late to easily untangle what has become an epic web of lies, theft, murder, courtroom drama, and a deep longing for love. Only God can show them the way out.


My Thoughts:
When I first saw Angel’s Den, I was like, Jamie Carie who? I had never heard of her or any of her work. But now I’m definitely a fan. The Angel’s Den starts out with a fairy tale wedding, but quickly turns in to a horrifying nightmare. Emma Daring’s married the best lookin’ man west of the Mississippi, but Eric Montclair’s not what he appears. Now, stuck in a love-less and abusive marriage, Eric forces Emma to travel west with him, in the footsteps of Lewis and Clark. Who will come to Emma’s rescue when someone is murdered and everything points to her? I liked how the story starts, giving the reader a blind look on what happened before we’re introduced to Emma and Eric, setting the stage for the unfolding mystery. It seems like Eric can’t be outwitted. He anticipates everything. So Emma takes drastic measures in an attempt to get away from him and his constant abuse. But when Luke Bowen foils her plans, he involves himself more then he wanted. From that night forward, Luke and Emma grow close, but the affection between them doesn’t go unnoticed. Eric is enraged, but keeps his feeling hidden until he can deal with Emma…alone. Luke is the quintessential knight in shining armor with a love for God, despite all he has been through and tries to rescue Emma but, instead gets them both accused of murder. As the plot thickens so does the tension. And with that, the dangers increases for both Emma and Luke till, it seems not even the truth will set them free. And an unexpected twist towards the end makes the Angel’s Den one of my new favorite books. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves a good romance, with a little suspense and deep spiritual truths, that will has you thinking about them long after you’ve finished the book.

*Disclaimer*
My many thanks to B&H Publishing for providing a review copy of Angel's Den, via Netgalley.

To learn more about Angel's Den or Jamie Carie go to B&H Publishing Group for more info

I hope y'all enjoyed this review and hope you read Angel's Den for yourself.


Love Ya,
Ashley

3 comments:

  1. Sounds good, I have never read anything by Jamie Carie, but I think I just might have to on this one. Thanks for the review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't see what you have in yellow and even the star ratings in yellow are hard to see. Can you darken them a tad? Plus, I can swap this book with you for another book I have that you may want to read...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Michelle,
    Thanks for letting me know about that. Sometimes Blogger goes crazy on me and changes all sorts of stuff on my blog posts. So, that word that's yellow, wasn't really mean't to be yellow.LOL But, I've changed it and have darkened the "stars" for ya.

    I know this is going to sound really stupid, but what do you mean by swap books? Like I mail you this book and you mail me a book you have, that I want? Like I said, I know thats a stupid question but, I'm new to the whole book swapping scene.LOL;)

    Have a fantastic weekend!
    Love Ya,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love comments so feel free to leave as many and as long of a comment as you want! So type away!