Monday, January 25, 2010

Review: Love Finds You In Hershey Pennsylvania

Title: Love Finds You in Hershey Pennsylyvania
Author: Cerella D. Sechrist
Publisher: Summerside Press
Date released: Jan 1. 2010
ISBN-10: 1935416642

Stars: ****3/4

Age rating: 12 & up

Pros: The story well written and enthralling. Had an really inspiring message about thinking if we can just have a little more, life would be prefect. And that God's would give us all we need and to be content with what we have in every aspect of our lives. It also had about the most romantic date scene I've ever read. Will not leave the most romantic at heart wanting.

Cons: It seemed like Jasper was a bit of a push-over and the he gave into Sadie's "fits" too easily.

Back cover:
After a series sour events, widowed chef Sadie Spencer looks forward to savoring the sweet side of life. She moves to Hershey with her daughter and opens a restaurant---and so does a Russian entrepreneur. Will she be able to keep up with her competitor---and find a love that's simply icing on the cake?

My Thoughts:
Contemporary fiction isn’t usually my thing but, Love Finds You in Hershey Pennsylvania was heartfelt fiction at its best. I loved Sadie. She is very much a perfectionist and thinks if she could just have a little more of this or a little more of that, then life would be made. Instead of be happy with the talents the God gave her. But when it comes to desserts, Sadies' sure they have a vendetta against her .But shes' not alone in this "duel with deliciousness". With her, is her adorable little daughter, Kylie and Jasper, the always-there-for-you best friend. And did I mention his understated good looks and boyish charm?!? The first half of the book I was laughing (poor Malibu Ken!), the other, crying. I thought the story was fantastically intriguing and witty from page 1. Cerella Sechrist wonderfully-mixed, funny (Oh, the bathroom. Will you (bathroom) ever be the same? :~), with romance straight out of Shakespeare. Cerella brought in some unforgettable characters, which added charm to the story and really made it three dimensional. The only thing that kind of bugged me was the fact that Jasper was more of a valet then a best friend. I felt so bad for him, and was kind of angry at Sadie for letting him go, the way she did (with the pie thing, and all). But I think Jasper showed what it really meant to be long-suffering and at times, certainly added the sweet to balance all of Sadie’s sour. All-in-all, I loved Love Finds You in Hershey Pennsylvania. Ms. Sechrist is defiantly an author to watch out for and I can’t wait for her next book (be it contemporary or not ;~).

*Disclaimer*
Sincere thanks to Cerella Sechrist for providing me with a review copy of Love Finds You
in Hershey Pennsylvania. I am in no way paid to review this books or influenced to write a positive review. I'm just expressing my honest opinion about the book.

To find out more about Love Finds You in Hershey Pennsylvania or Cerella D. Sechrist, click on the link: http://www.blogger.com/www.cerelladsechrist.com

As always I'd love to hear what you think about the book. So, please feel free to leave a comment.
Love Y'all,
Ashley

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley! I'm so glad that you loved this book! I think it's going to be my favorite contemporary book of 2010! I can't wait for her next book!

    xoxo~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED this book, too! I can't wait to see what she has up her sleeve for her next book. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't put this book down.

    When I did my interview with Cerella, she said that she is working on a new historical fiction series about these three sister, I belive. I'm so excited!:~D You know how much I LOVE history!LOL

    Love Y'all,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for her next book!

    I have an award for you here!

    http://steelergirl83.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-awards.html

    xoxo~ Renee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love comments so feel free to leave as many and as long of a comment as you want! So type away!