Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Happy Thanksgiving Y'all!

I hope all my blogging buddies are at home with family and hopefully will have a table loaded down with food in just a few hours. Unlike over here on my side of the computer as my moms goes out for ingredients  (not the best time to go to the store, wouldn't you say?) that my sister wants us to get. See, my oldest sister, Stephanie, has invited us to have thanksgiving at her house. Now, its not that my sister doesn't know how to cook, it's just we've never seen her do it.  That is one of the many things I'm most thankful for; my sisters....all four of them, oh! and my two brothers. ;)

 But thanksgiving isn't 'bout the turkey (although that's not what my stomach would say, if you asked it it) but about counting our blessings and thanking God for everyone. Amazing enough, last night I was just randomly looking through my bible when I came to Psalms 116, and these three verses caught my eye:

Psalm 116:
17 I will offer to You the sacrifice of thanksgiving,
         And will call upon the name of the LORD.
18 I will pay my vows to the LORD
         Now in the presence of all His people,
 19 In the courts of the LORD’s house,
         In the midst of you, O Jerusalem.
       
        Praise the LORD!



They got me thinking, when was the last time I publicly proclaimed God greatness, my Thanksgiving to Him? And it was sad when I realized it was this same time last year. Thanksgiving shouldn't be the the only day we publicly thank God for all He has done and Jesus for loving us so much that hurt,  and laid down His life, to save ours , it should be everyday that we remember these things.  We are in a debt that we can't repay, but isn't awesome that God ask us too, that He only ask that we believe in His only Son Jesus and live everyday for Them. That isn't hard at all and for a procrastinator like myself, there is nothing better.
 I think I finally smell a hint of roasting turkey in the air (my sister doesn't like turkey and said they if we wanted it, we better make it ourselves) and since it is currently 80 degrees outside, it is helping to make it feel a little bit more festive then before.


 Oh and I almost forgot, who here is going to stay up all night shopping? I've never done the whole Black-Friday-shopping-madness thing before (with the exception of last year, but I only got up at 8 AM to get a copy of The Red Siren that just so happened to be on sale) and even though I really don't like shopping (this year) places like Old Navy are having crazy good sales and I just can't resist. Though, isn't it kinda of funny that on Thursday we thank God for all the things we have, then at midnight we got out and get even more stuff. Funny right? Well, anyways  if you happen to be Black Friday shopping too, I wish you good luck and I pray that you get lots of coffee (which will be free at Burger King, (if you have one) I believe ) and that you don't get trampled.

 As more of a reminder to myself then anything: Don't just be thankful today or tomorrow or even the day after that, but all the days ever!
Happy Thanksgiving Y'all!!;)
~Ashley


P.S.
I hoped you liked the little cartoons I found on Google. They were super funny and I just knew I had to post them on here.;)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love comments so feel free to leave as many and as long of a comment as you want! So type away!