Monday, May 10, 2010

Review: Fool's Rush In by Janice Thompson


Title: Fool's Rush In (Weddings By Bella book 1)
Author: Janice Thompson

Publisher: Revell Books
Date released: September 1st. 2009
ISBN-10: 978-0-8007-3342-1

Stars(out of five): ****3/4
Age rating: PG-13
There isn't a whole lot that's inappropriate or uninteresting in this book and I think that even the young teen would really enjoy it.

Back cover(from Revell):
Ever wonder how Italian sounds with a Southern drawl?
Bella Rossi's life is just starting to get interesting. When her Italian-turned-Texan parents hand over the family wedding-planning business, Bella quickly books a Boot-Scootin' wedding that would make any Texan proud. There's only one catch--she doesn't know a thing about country music. Where will she find a deejay on such short notice who knows his Alan Jackson from his George Strait? And will Bella ever get to plan her own wedding?
Fun, fresh, and full of surprises, this flavorful combination of Italian and Tex-Mex highlights the hilarity that ensues when cultures clash.


My Thoughts:
Ok, I know, while everyone else has already finished the last book in the series, It Had To Be You, I'm just reading the first. But, I'm sure I'll remedy this problem in no time. Anyways, Fool's Rush In was everything I'd heard it was. Funny and fresh, with a dash of Italian. Instantly I LOVED the Rossi family. Take out aunt Rosa (and her great Italian food), uncle Laz (and his restaurant) add a few more kids and a whole lot more pets, and you've got my family.LOL I really related to the Whole Rossi clan and understood that planning a wedding is no walk in the park (thanks to my many older sisters). The story was very original and I loved all the humor that Janice put into it. I especially love the characters. And what characters they were. Uncle Laz and the mob, aunt Rosa and her incredibly bread, and Bell with Club Wed. Oh, and did I fail to mention the hunk-of-cowboy named DJ? You fellow book lovers can keep your Mr. Darcys and your Edward Cullens, heck! you can have your Will Turners (if you happen to be a movie buff) , give me a Duh-wayne Neely Jr. any day. DJ is definitely one swoon-worthy cowboy. But enough about him, back to Bella Rossi , the lucky girl who ropes DJ in with her charm, good looks and cooky relations(LOL). Bella was a very relatable character, who, in the beginning, struggled with being so stressed and up tight , that she forgot to trust God and let him take care of things. But, in the end Bella , though at times things got so crazy it's was hard to not panic, trusted God and had a deeper relationship with him. This book is my new fave series of this year so far, and I suggest you go out and help boost the economy by buying this book. And maybe you could think about pickin' up copies of the other two books in the Weddings By Bella series for a certain blogger buddy of yours...ahem *cough, cough*. LOL

To Learn more about Janice Thomposon and her books go to:


Love Ya,
Ashley

1 comment:

  1. I loved this series and I'm so glad to hear that you are enjoying it too! I gave the first 2 books to my cousin who has never read Christian fiction and she bugged me this weekend to let her borrow Book 3 immediately because she's halfway through book 2 and is loving it! Iknew she would love this series though!

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love comments so feel free to leave as many and as long of a comment as you want! So type away!