Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Review: The Lightkeepers Daughter by Colleen Coble



Author: Colleen Coble

Publisher: Thomas Nelson

Stars: ***1/2

Age rating: 12 & up

Summery:

Addie Sullivan lives a quiet life in a California lighthouse. After the recent death of her father, Addie feels the unloved and unwanted. Until one stormy night in 1907, when a injured stranger comes knocking on the lighthouse door with a secret that turns Addie's world upside down. Believed to be the the long, lost daughter of Henry Eaton, Addie goes to the Eaton estate, as a governess, looking for the truth. While keeping her identity a secret, Addie finds a love like no other but dark force are at work. Romance,Suspense, Mystery, even action, all against the beautiful backdrop of the California redwoods.


Pros: It's well written and the story moves at a good pace. God is constant in the plot yet not preachy or pious.


Cons: At first the characters are not realistic and the romance lacks feeling and depth.


*Overview:

Though the first several chapters of The Lightkeepers Daughter lacks realistic feeling, the historical detail and suspenseful mystery, keep the readers interest. By chapter seven, things gets much better. When conflict is thrown into the plot, the characters seem to come to life. Addie's faith in God wavers but never goes out, even in the face of malicious intentions. The mystery is thrilling and will keep you guessing till the end. Mrs. Coble weaves God through out the plot in such away that, your faith is challenged and strengthened. The truth of the words lasting long after you've finished the book. A nice beach read that will grip the reader from chapter seven, on.

The Lightkeepers Daughter is the first installment in The mercy Falls series

*Disclaimer* I mean no disrespect to any author and/or readers. I'm just expressing my honest opinion . I am not paid to review books by the authors and/or the publisher. Thank You Thomas Nelson , for providing me a review copy

As always, I'd love to hear what you think of my review. I hope y'all enjoyed the reading it :~)

Love Y'all,

Ashley

9 comments:

  1. I'm on Chapter 18 so far and am really enjoying it! I'm glad to hear that you liked it too! Thank you for an awesome review!

    xoxo~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Renee:~)I loved the twist at end. Never would have guessed.
    I can't wait to read your review.

    Love Ya,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! The cover is beautiful, and there's always something so intriguing about lighthouses :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely! Thanks for visiting my blog "intheammockblog", I hope you stop by offten:~)

    Love Y'all,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm almost finished with this so I should have a review posted sometime soon for you to read LOL!

    I also have an award for you!

    http://steelergirl83.blogspot.com/2009/12/blog-awards.html

    xoxo~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want this one. Have not read Collen yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Margaret,
    I'm so glad you stoppped by:~) The Lightkeepers Daughter was a good read. I had never read anything by Mrs.Coble before but,I enjoyed her writing style:~)
    Merry Christmas,
    Ashley *<:~)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review, Ashley! I'll be reading/reviewing this book in Jan. 2010. It will be the start of my Romance Reading Challenge. :)

    I've read a few of Ms. Coble's books...some were great...some were just so-so, imho. I loved her Rock Harbour series ~ just couldn't get interested in her Aloha Reef series ~ can't wait to give her Lonestar series a try.

    Y'all be sure to check out some of her other books.

    Merry Christmas!
    ~Lori

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love comments so feel free to leave as many and as long of a comment as you want! So type away!