1) I've been biting my finger nails down to their stubs wondering how Lizzie and Brady are doing. I mean, we barely got to see them as a married couple in APD, are they still together (with Julie at the helm of the proverbial writers keyboard, I'm sure they'll have a more then passionate marriage in AHU;), how many kids they have, and all that jazz.
2) Will Katie ever sees Cluny as anything other than an orphaned street rat? I’m thinking yes, but again, with Julie’s writing, there is bound to be some cat and mouse for a while, but that in the end, Katie will see Cluny for he really is.
3) What will Cluny/Luke be like in AHU? Do you think he will still be as cocky and obnoxious as ever?
4) Do you think we'll get to meet new characters that will 'grandfather" over to Julie's next book? I'm hoping so, because that is the best part of reading books in a series. 5)I‘ve noticed that in almost every one of Julie's books, just when you think the hero is about to get the girl or visa versa, something catastrophic happens and rips the couple apart at the seems (i.e. World War I, catches sister kissing fiancée, finds out girl isn’t pregnant etc..)
6) Do you think it’s a pattern? Do you think Julie puts events like that, in her books to test the relationships of her characters? Or is there another reason, I haven't thought of yet?
7) Do you think Julie’s books could be just as wonderful, without all the tension?
I think the day Julie Lessman doesn’t have heaps of tension in her books, is the day FAA will allow swine to man a 747 freighter airplane (a.k.a the day pigs fly) and I don't think her book would be
6) If you were the youngest child of six, do you think you would be anything like Katie? Would you be a spoiled brat, who is always given whatever he or she wants?
Okay, well it kind of goes with out saying, but to keep in with the theme of the past week, my #1 Can't-Wait-To-Read of 2010 is...
A Hope Undaunted by Julie Lessman
Back cover (from Julie's website):
What happens when the boy she loved to hate ... becomes the man she hates to love? The 1920s are drawing to a close, and feisty Katie O'Connor is the epitome of the new woman--smart and sassy with goals for her future that include the perfect husband and a challenging career in law. Her boyfriend Jack fits all of her criteria for a husband--good-looking, well-connected, wealthy, and eating out of her hand. But when she is forced to spend the summer of 1929 with Cluny McGee, the bane of her childhood existence, Katie comes face to face with a choice. Will she follow her well-laid plans to marry Jack? Or will she fall for the man she swore to despise forever?
Why it's my #1 Can't-Wait-Read of 2010? That's a no-brainer! I ab-so-lu-tely !!LOVE!! Mrs. Lessman's books, and I love her as a person. She is so sweet and has so much a passion for God, that it practically flows over and into her books, which is why their so good. I just can't say anymore about how good her book are, without sounding like a crazed fan, which isn't all that untrue. ;)
Today's Verses: Psalm 21: 4-7
4He asked life of thee, and thou gavest it him, even length of days for ever and ever.5His glory is great in thy salvation: honour and majesty hast thou laid upon him. 6For thou hast made him most blessed for ever: thou hast made him exceeding glad with thy countenance.7For the king trusteth in the LORD, and through the mercy of the most High he shall not be moved.
Ok Y'all, what is your #1 Can't-Wait-To-Read of 2010? It better be A Hope Undaunted, because otherwise you're no longer welcomed to my blog... Just kidding, I’d never shun those who (as Renee would say) have questionable taste in literature. LOL; D And remember; join me tomorrow afternoon for the A Hope Undaunted release party. I hope Y’all will be able to make it and that you have a great time. Oh, and there is a special surprise waiting for one lucky commenter, if join in the fun with us tomorrow!
!!!! A HOPE UNDAUNTED COMES OUT TOMORROW!!!!